Friday, February 7, 2014

Abuela's Smile

Abuela's Smile

Even though we may not have spoke the same language,
well enough to have a chat.
I could feel when you hugged me
where your heart was at.

You loved your family deeply
and they in return loved you.
It was your smile that will be remembered
and help them to get through-
the days and weeks, and even the years
they will miss your loving eyes.
For your smile is what will be remembered,
that's no big surprise.

You smiled when they spoke to you
and told you about their day,
you smiled when you'd get confused
-they loved you all the same.

I knew before I meet you that your heart was very big
I felt it when they spoke of you,
I could see it in their eyes
I sensed it when you welcomed me,
smiling the whole time.

Even though you're not with us
to grab and hold our hand
your love will still continue,
for it was far too grand.

The smile that you were known for
will once again return,
to each one of their faces
as they share memories of the past.
What a better way to be honored
then with a smile and laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment